Trip to the Frank Kanton by Alexander Spack in May 2009
Country road leading to the Volga German village of Kolb, now Peskovka.
The Volga German colony of Kolb was founded in 1767. Back in 1913 Kolb had 336 households and 2581 inhabitants; it also had a church building (Lutheran). During the Tzars' reign the village's official Russian name was Peskovatka. After the Autonomous Republic of the Volga Germans was established, the village was officially called by its German name of Kolb. Before the war there were around 500 households and about 3,000 people in the village. After the deportation of the local Germans in 1941 the settlement's official name was changed to Peskovka. Today there are only about 400 people living here.
© Эта страница является неотъемлемой частью сайта DIE GESCHICHTE DER WOLGADEUTSCHEN.