Trip to the Frank Kanton by Alexander Spack in May 2009
Old German bulding in Neu-Messer, now Pogranitchnoe.
The Volga German colony of Neu-Messer (also called Lisanderhof) was established in 1863 when 128 families from Messer (Russian name: Ust-Zolikha) moved here onto a newly acquired land. Back in 1913 Neu-Messer had 262 households and 1968 inhabitants. Before the war there were about 350 households and around 2,300 people in the village. After the deportation of the local Germans in 1941 the settlement's official name was changed to Pogranitchnoe*).
*) Pogranitchnoe = a village on the border.
© Эта страница является неотъемлемой частью сайта DIE GESCHICHTE DER WOLGADEUTSCHEN.