Trip to the Frank Kanton by Alexander Spack in May 2009
On the way to Rothammel, later Pamyatnoe.
The Volga German colony of Rothammel was founded in 1767. Back in 1913 it had 265 households and 1747 inhabitants; it also had a church bulding (Catholic). During the Tzars' reign the village was officially referred to as Pamyatnoe. After the Autonomous Republic of the Volga Germans was established, the village was officially called by its German name of Rothammel. Before the war there were more than 300 households and about 1,800 people in the village. After the deportation of the local Germans in 1941 the settlement's official name was changed to Pamyatnoe. The village seized to exist some 30 years ago.
The location of Rothammel is on the other side of the pond (or, possibly, a damb) pictured here.
© Эта страница является неотъемлемой частью сайта DIE GESCHICHTE DER WOLGADEUTSCHEN.